“Boxing Tonight” is i’s weekly preview of Saturday night action in the UK and beyond, complete with information on how to watch and what to look out for.
Josh Warrington has suffered a significant setback. Not his devastating knockout by Mauricio Lara in February 2021, but Marcelo Bielsa’s departure. The Argentine’s dismissal by Leeds United has reverberated throughout the city, and even the presence of right-back Luke Ayling in his corner will not alleviate the pain.
Warrington joked that he would like Bielsa to accompany him on his next ring walk; however, he will be consoled by the thousands of fellow Leeds fans who will be in attendance in his hometown for his IBF featherweight title fight against Kiko Martinez.
Martinez vs Warrington details
- Date: Saturday 26 March
- Venue: First Direct Arena, Leeds
- Fight time: Ring walks for the main event are expected around 10.15pm
- TV/live stream: DAZN, with subscriptions from £7.99 a month
- Undercard highlights: Ebanie Bridges says “being a world champion will change my f___ing life and I am ready for that”.
- She has her chance against Maria Cecilia Roman for the IBF bantamweight title and at the age of 35, this could finally be her time
- i predicts: Warrington to win, but with just seven knockouts on his record it could well go the distance. It will be a long, hard-fought slog but the Leeds warrior is rightly the favourite to come out on top. Next up could be a unification bout with Leigh Wood after his recent victory over Michael Conlan
- Josh Warrington vs Kiko Martinez (IBF featherweight title)
- Maria Cecilia Roman vs Ebanie Bridges (IBF bantamweight title)
- Maxi Hughes vs Ryan Walsh (IBO lightweight title)
- Dalton Smith vs Ray Moylette
- Skye Nicholson vs Bec Connolly
- Cory O’Regan vs TBC
- Mali Wright vs TBC
- Calum French vs TBC
Riakporhe vs Jumah
Saturday night is a battle of the promoters, with Eddie Hearn fronting the Warrington card in Leeds and Boxxer holding a concurrent event at Wembley Arena. While the cruiserweight’s story is becoming well-documented, it bears repeating: stabbed over a mobile phone at 14, the south Londoner’s is a classic pugilist’s tale of triumph over adversity, and he will look to continue that against Deoin Jumah.
Jumah is a peculiar case. Riakporhe wondered aloud why, despite his 14-0 record, Saturday night’s opponent hasn’t made much of a splash.
“It makes you wonder, ‘What’s going on with him?'” He refers to himself as “The Ghost.” He has played the role of ‘The Ghost.’ In 2016, I burst onto the scene. I had about four.
- Date: Saturday 26 March
- Venue: SSE Wembley Arena, London
- Fight time: Ring walks for the main event are expected around 10pm
- TV/live stream: Sky Sports Action, via the SkyGo app or with a NOW pass (24 hours of Sky Sports access costs £11.99)
- Undercard highlights: Louis Greene and Harry Scarff are fighting for the vacant English welterweight title and there are a few other prospects in action too, from Shannon Ryan to Caroline Dubois and the Azim brothers
- i predicts: Riakporhe is a huge puncher and this could well be the end of Jumah’s unbeaten record – Riakporhe to win by KO
- Richard Riakporhe vs Deion Jumah
- Louis Greene vs Harry Scarff (vacant BBBofC English welterweight title)
- Caroline Dubois vs Martina Horgasz
- Shannon Ryan vs Claudia Ferenczi
- Dan Azeez vs Matthew Tinker
- Adam Azim vs Connor Marsden
- Joe Pigford vs David Ezequiel Romero
- Zak Chelli vs TBA
- Hassan Azim vs Yoncho Markov
- Jeamie Tshikeva vs Alvaro Terrero
- Jimmy Lee vs Jose Hernandez
- Chris Kongo vs Kelvin Dotel
Have you visited our Market Place Today? Follow this link to visit Globalinfo247.com Market Place now to check out our affordable products & services that might interest you and solve your current needs at a very cheap price. You can also Advertise your Own Products & Services at the Market Place for Free by clicking on this link to Get Started!
Create a thread for all your related questions to get answers from other members and professionals in the field. Click here on the “Questions & Answers” Section to view or submit your Questions or Answers to previously asked related questions.