Apples have been associated with a number of benefits that could help promote long-term health.
Apples are loaded with important nutrients, including fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Supports heart health
Studies show that eating more apples could be associated with a lower risk of several chronic conditions, including.
In fact, one study in over 20,000 adults found that consuming higher amounts of white-fleshed fruits and vegetables, including apples, was linked to a lower risk of stroke .
This may be due to the presence of flavonoids found in apples, which are compounds that have been shown to reduce inflammation and protect heart health.
Apples are also loaded with soluble fiber, which may help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels, both of which are risk factors for heart disease.
READ ALSO: Benefits of Taking Warm Water
Other health benefits
Apples have also been linked to several other health benefits that could help keep the doctor away:
- Support weight loss. Due to their fiber content, apples have been shown to promote feelings of fullness, decrease calorie intake, and increase weight loss .
- Improve bone health. Human, animal, and test-tube studies have found that eating a higher amount of fruit could be associated with increased bone mineral density and a lower risk of osteoporosis .
- Promote brain function. Animal studies suggest that eating apples could help reduce oxidative stress, prevent mental decline, and slow signs of aging.
- Protect against asthma. Studies show that an increased intake of apples may be linked to a lower risk of asthma.
- Reduce the risk of diabetes. According to one large review, eating one apple per day was tied to a 28% lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes, compared with not eating any apples at all .
Have you visited our Market Place Today? Follow this link to visit Globalinfo247.com Market Place now to check out our affordable products & services that might interest you and solve your current needs at a very cheap price. You can also Advertise your Own Products & Services at the Market Place for Free by clicking on this link to Get Started!
Create a thread for all your related questions to get answers from other members and professionals in the field. Click here on the “Questions & Answers” Section to view or submit your Questions or Answers to previously asked related questions.