Fried tilapia fish is simply delicious, and good for your well-being due to its amazing nutritional benefits.
It is can also be prepared in a variety of different ways to suit your choice and desired taste.
They are cheap depending on your location and can provide basic healthy nutrients that your body needs.
One of the factors that make tilapia fish delicious and healthy is the compound, and nutrients present in the tilapia fish.
Now let’s dive into what tilapia fish is as well as the nutrients and compounds present in a tilapia fish.
Tilapia fish are found in the shallow stream, rivers, lakes, etc. and they are generally called freshwater fish.
Tilapia fish contains, micro-nutrients such as phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B12.
Tilapia fishes are an excellent source of Omega-3-fatty acids which help to lower inflammation, and also helps in reducing heart-related diseases.
Like I mentioned earlier, tilapia fish can be prepared in a variety of different ways, this is based on what you want to use the tilapia fish for.
In this article, we will be focusing on a few delicacies and recipes of tilapia fish.
Some of these delicacies include fried tilapia recipes, pan fried tilapia recipes, air fried tilapia recipes, oven fried tilapia recipes, breaded fried tilapia recipes.
(1) Fried Tilapia Recipe
Fried tilapia is easy to make and very delicious.
Most people like eating this on daily basis probably merging it with their meals due to its nutritional value plus it is good for your health.
However, there are basic processes and steps involved in preparing it as detailed below:
(1) 2 pieces of tilapia fish, clean with scales removed
(2) 1-2 tablespoon salt
(3) 1 cup cooking oil.
(1) First of all, rub salt all over the body of the cleaned tilapia fish, probably with the inside too by gently half slicing the fish into two parts to rub salt on the inner opened part.
(2) Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
(3) When the oil becomes hot, put your salted tilapia fish, in the oil and fry each side of the Tilapia.
(4) Fry until no liquid is left in the tilapia fish until it becomes crisp or crunchy.
(5) Prepare your servings and enjoy.
Note: Avoid too deep fried tilapia, to ensure that the nutrients of the fish are still intact to avoid burning off all the nutrients the fish contains while deep frying the fish.
Read Also: 28 Best Energy-Boosting Foods and Drinks
(2) Pan Fried Tilapia Recipe
This is another nice delicacy, that can be prepared with tilapia fish, although, unlike the fried tilapia fish where we only fried the tilapia, here we fried and garnished it with vegetables, this makes pan fried tilapia healthier than fried tilapia.
(1) Any desired amount of tilapia you wish to prepare.
(2) Salt and pepper
(3) 1/2 cup of flour
(4) 1 tablespoon of olive oil
(5) 2 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
(1) Wash the tilapia fish thoroughly, and remove scales, add seasonings on both sides with salt and pepper.
(2) Place flour in a dish and press the tilapia fish into the flour (do this on both sides of the fish, coat, and shake off excess flour).
(3) Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the tilapia in the hot oil, turn each side of the tilapia fish after few minutes, add melted butter to the body of the tilapia fish and prepare servings.
Note: pan-fried tilapia contains more protein, cholesterol, carbon.
(3) Air Fried Tilapia Recipe
Air fried tilapia is one of the healthiest tilapia servings.
Here we don’t need to fry the tilapia, instead what we do is to use an air fryer to cook it, which only emits hot air and in turn cooks the tilapia but does not fry, thereby retaining its nutrients.
(1) The desired number of tilapia fish you want to use
(2) Garlic powder
(5) Other seasonings you might want to include.
Note: Make sure you have an air fryer on the ground.
(1) Turn in the air fryer
(2) Make sure you have washed and removed scales from your tilapia fish
(3) Season your tilapia as you please
(4) Spray oil in the air fryer basket, and place your seasoned tilapia on it.
(5) During the cooking, again add seasoning to the fish, once everything is all cooked up together, turn off the air fryer and serve.
Note: It is highly recommended to eat air fried tilapia fish.
(4) Oven Fried Tilapia Recipe
This delicacy is quite different, in the sense that we bake the tilapia fish in an oven.
Now here is how that can be achieved below:
(1) Your Tilapia fish
(2) Salt and pepper
(3) 1/2 cup of flour
(4) 1 tablespoon unsalted butter(melted)
(1) Wash the tilapia fish and remove scales, add seasonings on both sides with salt and pepper.
(2) Place flour in a dish and press the tilapia fish into the flour( do this for both sides of the fish, coat, and shake off excess flour).
(3) After that place your seasoned (coated) tilapia fish in the oven to bake for a while until it’s baked.
Note: Oven fried tilapia is quite healthy, the reason is that when it is being baked the fish has less fat and lower calories in it.
(5) Breaded Fried Tilapia Recipe
Below are the ingredients and directions to prepare breaded fried tilapia:
(1) 1-2 Tilapia
(3) Breadcrumbs (one cup)
(4) Salt and pepper
(5) Cup of vegetable oil/frying oil
(6) Tablespoon butter
(7) Garlic powder
(8) Onion powder
(1) Break the eggs in a pan
(2) Mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder on another plate
(3) Heat your cooking oil
(4) Drip egg in your mixture and dip fish in it.
(5) Remove the fish and place in hot oil and fry until done.
(6) You can serve it immediately if you like.
How you want your tilapia fish to be prepared is your choice to make, since we’ve discussed recipes and delicacies of tilapia fish for you to choose from and enjoy.
Read Also: Top 15 Healthy Foods for your Body
Health Benefits of Tilapia Fish
Now let’s enlighten ourselves on some health benefits of tilapia fish as this might spike your love for tilapia servings;
(1) Helps in Cancer Prevention
Tilapia fish has some basic micro-nutrients, one of which is responsible for the prevention of cancer, is called selenium.
(2) Good for Heart Health
Due to the Omega-3-fatty acid in it, it helps in lowering blood pressure, clotting, and reduces irregular heartbeat, thereby ensuring a healthy heart.
(3) Good for Bone Development and Strength
Due to calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D, present in the fish, it helps a lot with regards to bone strength and development.
Read Also: 9 Unknown Health Benefits of Garden Egg
Now, this is where we will wrap up our discussion for today.
Do you have further questions or other contributions? Kindly use the comment section below for all your contributions.
You are also encouraged to please kindly share this information with your loved ones and those you feel might benefit from this information as we cannot reach everyone at the same time. Thank you for sharing!