Man electrocuted in Delta

Man electrocuted in Delta

A middle-aged man has been electrocuted in the Boji Boji area of Agbor, Ika South Local Government Area of Delta State.

It was gathered that the yet-to-be identified man was electrocuted by high tension wire on Sunday, while riding a motorcycle on the old Lagos-Asaba Road.

A community source, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity, said the young man, believed to be a businessman, met his untimely death while riding his motorcycle on the road, close to the Mary Mount College.

Man electrocuted in Delta

He said that the high tension wire suddenly snapped and struck the victim in the back and he fell on the paved road.

Read Also: 2O Year Old Housewife Allegedly Poisons Stepson To Death In Kastina

The source stated, “Immediately the incident occurred, people ran to the scene and it took the efforts of some individuals, who put calls across to the BEDC office before power was cut off to prevent more casualties.

“Sympathizers rushed the man to a nearby hospital, but unfortunately, he could not make it because he was seriously injured by the high tension wire.”

He described the incident as unfortunate and called on the Benin Electricity Distribution Company to engage the services of professionals and also use quality materials to avoid such incidents.


Have you visited our Market Place Today? Follow this link to visit Market Place now to check out our affordable products & services that might interest you and solve your current needs at a very cheap price. You can also Advertise your Own Products & Services at the Market Place for Free by clicking on this link to Get Started!

Create a thread for all your related questions to get answers from other members and professionals in the field. Click here on the “Questions & Answers” Section to view or submit your Questions or Answers to previously asked related questions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.